Saturday, July 25, 2015

#69 Alga Norte Aquatic Center, Carlsbad, CA

Our Summer Sales Meeting brought us to Carlsbad, CA  and the La Costa Resort.  I've learned with some planning, a willingness to get up early and of course the help of swimmersguide.com you can find some pretty cool pools. 

Pool #69 was the relatively new Alga Norte Aquatic Center a short few miles from our hotel.


It was a sprawling complex with a 12 lane 25 yard pool and adjacent to it a spectacular 50 meter pool with grandstand seating around it.



I was able to get in two workouts during our short stay. One a long course practice by myself and then a short course practice with my friend Matt. Post short course swim Matt and I enjoyed another perk of this fine complex the jacuzzi (wish I had a pic of it). 

Alga Norte was a nice little bonus to the summer sales meeting. I highly recommend this pool for anyone visiting San Diego's North County.

 
Post sales meeting Shannon, Courtney and I went to Los Angeles and stayed in Venice at hip bungalow just off of Abott Kinney. The only swimming that was done was some leisurely strokes in the Pacific. The water temp felt great! Wish I could have found a group to ocean swim with.

Below are some pics from our short vacation. 

(this is the center piece of art @ our hip bungalow 521 Rialto)

(sunset at Venice Pier)
(sunset selfie @ Venice Pier)

(California sunsets rock)

No comments:

Post a Comment