Monday, July 8, 2013

Pool #25 Cirigan Kempinski Palace Hotel-Istanbul

As I had blogged before we classed it up for the last two nights and stayed at the Cirigan Kempinski Palace Hotel. I had stayed there 18 years ago on a NASL trip on the Sea Cloud and it was great as I remembered.

The property is beautifully set on a wide expanse of the Bosphorus with shipping and boat traffic all day and night with distant views of the Bosphorus Bridge twinkling at night and the lights of the Blue Mosque, Ayasofa and Maidens Tower in the other direction.

The centerpiece of the hotel property is the Ottoman Ciragan Palace with its gothic style architecture adjacent to Pool #25. It is an infinity pool that I would guess is nearly 25m as it took me a lazily 24-25 strokes to get across it.

After 3 new Turkish pools in 9 days it was a fitting pool to mark the halfway point of Bob's 50 Pools Project and the end of a FANTASTIC trip!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment